Our mission is to cultivate BRAVE spaces for diverse people to come together and Build Relationships Awareness Voices Engagement so we can co-create connections for more just and equitable communities.
Be part of the fabric of BRAVE Communities...
Join us as we cultivate B.R.A.V.E. spaces for ALL
to come together and co-create connection & community
Build Relationships Awareness Voices and Engagement
Who We Serve
Youth Leadership & Social Change
We attract diverse groups of young women and gender-expansive youth. These participants develop leadership skills and gain hands-on experience over the course of a summer (Makers) or an academic-year (Ambassadors) of weekly trainings, group projects and events. The graduates then continue to affect change in their communities, having an increased understanding of and commitment to social justice and racial equity.
We partner with local nonprofits, start-ups, schools, community groups, cultural centers, businesses, and the public sector that want to maximize their social impact to the Austin community and beyond. Multi-generational allies will have the opportunity to share their personal & professional lived experiences to the community, especially the next generation.
BRAVE Communities Conversations
We host monthly community events to have dialogue about social issues. Topics include:
-Battling systemic racism, prejudices, biases, stereotypes, and discrimination
-Immigration & Refugee Rights
-Understanding and reforming the Social & Criminal Justice systems/Breaking the school-to-prison pipelines.
-Public health, fitness, nutrition
How We Do It
- BRAVE Communities offers monthly collective 60-90 minute workshops for emerging young women leaders, called “BRAVE Campus Ambassadors”.
- This program will equip female-identifying young people, ages 14-24 (inclusive) year-old, to be leaders and activators for social justice, racial equity, civic and community engagement, with emphasis on strengthening their mental health and well-being.
- Ambassadors will be equipped with leadership and personal development skills and work in "Committees" to co-create one community-building event every quarter.
-Our workshops will explore the question: “How can you make a BRAVE difference in your community?”
- To engage more people, particularly the next generation, so that they may understand, learn, grow, and take action on social issues, on a local and global level.
- To build intercultural and intergenerational relationships between businesses, non-profits and community groups, so we may collectively create change in our city.
- To equip young people with better interpersonal and professional skills. Through advocacy and events planning, BRAVE-makers will gain competencies ranging from: project and time management, financial literacy/budgeting, supplier/vendor relations, negotiation, marketing, branding, PR/promotions, strategic & analytical thinking, cross-cultural, customer service, and teambuilding.
Donate to BRAVE Communities
BRAVE Communities is a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. All contributions are tax-deductible.