We exist to empower and amplify the voices of the marginalized so that we may change the narrative and become a more just, equitable, and inclusive community.
Join us for our pilot Be BRAVE "Real Talk" series. We have been hosting monthly community dialogues for the past 3 years. Based on the community's feedback, we will be adding more community dialogues with even more opportunities for you to connect with your neighbors so we can share our lived experiences and listen, learn, and begin to "unlearn" our biases and prejudices.
Join us for our open house session virtually on Monday, November 9th, 6-7:30PM. We will provide a brave space for you to listen, share, and build relationships with your community peers.
Be BRAVE: Real Talk
Monday, November 9th, 6-7:30PM CDTRegistration
Who We Serve
Youth Leadership & Social Change
We strengthen, empower, and equip young people as agents for change in their lives and in the world. We equip the next generation to be compassionate and critical thinkers. We design and facilitate leadership & social change programs for young leaders locally, as well as for emerging leaders from around the world. By investing in the next generation to be agents of change, we support a more just and equitable future.
We partner with local nonprofits, start-ups, schools, community groups, cultural centers, businesses, and the public sector that want to maximize their social impact to the Austin community and beyond. Multi-generational allies will have the opportunity to share their personal & professional lived experiences to the community, especially the next generation.
BRAVE Communities Conversations
We host monthly community events to have dialogue about social issues. Topics include:
-Battling systemic racism, prejudices, biases, stereotypes, and discrimination
-Immigration & Refugee Rights
-Understanding and reforming the Social & Criminal Justice systems/Breaking the school-to-prison pipelines.
-Public health, fitness, nutrition
How We Do It
- BRAVE Communities offers a virtual training program for emerging young women leaders, called “BRAVE-Ambassadors”.
- This program will equip female-identifying youth ages 15-21 (inclusive) year-old to be leaders and activators for social justice, racial equity, and political activism.
- Our 2020-21 BRAVE-Ambassadors will ally with a group of dynamic young women as they expand their leadership potential and develop skills to effect real change through a social justice and racial equity lens.
-Our training will explore the question: “How can you make a BRAVE difference in Austin?” -Ambassadors will be equipped with the skills to launch a successful social change campaign.
- To bring awareness to more people, particularly the next generation, so that they may understand, learn, grow, and take action on social issues, on a local and global level.
- To be aware and support local businesses, non-profits and community groups that are creating change in our city. We want to build intercultural and intergenerational relationships in our city.
- To equip young people with better interpersonal and professional skills. Through advocacy and events planning, BRAVE-makers will gain competencies ranging from: project and time management, financial literacy/budgeting, supplier/vendor relations, negotiation, marketing, branding, PR/promotions, strategic & analytical thinking, cross-cultural, customer service, and teambuilding.
Donate to BRAVE Communities
BRAVE Communities is a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. All contributions are tax-deductible.